Ngatira, New Zealand – A man is dead and a 10-year-old girl has been flown to the hospital in serious condition after an incident with live power lines.
A police spokesperson said two people received electric shocks after being hit by electricity from power lines at about 4:55 PM on Sunday at a rural address in Ngatira.
The young girl was flown to Waikato Hospital where she is now stable and recovering.
The man, was pronounced dead at the scene.
WorkSafe issued a statement saying they were notified of the electrocution and understood the victim may have been felling trees.
For more information; https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12325921