Farmer electrocuted while trimming trees near wires

Ringa, Kenya, Africa – 33-year-old Nicholas Opiyo was electrocuted on Monday evening while trimming trees on his farm.

Witnesses stated that a limb that Opiyo had cut fell onto the wires and led to his electrocution. Chief inspector of police Benson Pamba advised residents to consult Kenya Power whenever they want to cut or trim trees near electric lines.

Opiyo was pronounced dead at the scene.

For more information;

Do you have more info about this story? Help us out by letting us know!