Salt Lake City, UT – A worker from Atlas Tree Services experienced an electrical shock in a tree removal accident. According to Det. Greg Wilking of the Salt Lake City Police the tree crew was working on removing trees and had brought in a large crane, which came into contact with power lines.
Wilking continued by stating, “There was a gentleman that was off to the side of the crane, made contact with that crane when it was energized and was shocked.”
The tires on the crane truck melted and ignited a small fire, which was quickly extinguished by residents.
First responders performed CPR on the injured man before he was taken to University Hospital. He is listed in extremely critical condition.
The area of Elizabeth St. to 11th East will be closed for at least a few hours according to @slcpd while they investigate a man being shocked while cutting trees. He’s in extremely critical condition @KUTV2News pic.twitter.com/oiSsM8RzXG
— RaeAnn Christensen (@RaeOnTheNews) August 3, 2018
For more information; https://kutv.com/news/local/possible-electrocution-from-tree-trimming-in-salt-lake-city