Tree surgeon electrocuted when his cherry picker touched overhead wires

Bagshot, UK – 27 year old Marcus Pepper, the owner of tree care and landscaping firm Wellington House Group, died Monday while trimming trees in Bagshot. Pepper was working in a metal aerial work platform with a co-worker when the contacted high voltage power lines running through the tree. The co-worker managed to jump out of the platform and into the limbs of the tree. He was able to climb down to safety before being transported to Frimley Park Hospital to treat his injuries. Pepper was pronounced dead at the scene.

The police spokesman said: ‘We attended Hall Grove Farm Industrial Estate where a man sadly died. It is believed that he was electrocuted.
‘The man’s family have been informed. The incident has been referred to the Health and Safety Executive and Her Majesty’s Coroner for Surrey.’

For more information; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5107483/Tree-surgeon-died-cherry-picker-touched-powerlines.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4973996/horror-as-tree-surgeon-electrocuted-while-working-on-a-cherry-picker-close-to-high-voltage-cables/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/22/tree-surgeon-died-when-cherry-picker-touched-power-cables-7099979/

http://www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/29383/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/21/man-electrocuted-to-death-when-cherry-picker-hits-power-lines-7097446/

Do you have more info about this story? Help us out by letting us know!