Man shocked while cutting branches in Venice

Venice, FL – A 45-year-old man was shocked while cutting tree branches in a yard on Tuesday morning. According to witnesses, the man was on a ladder trimming tree branches and accidentally touched a power line with his saw.

Officers responded to the scene and found the man unconscious, not breathing, and did not have a pulse. Officers administered an AED and then started chest compressions.

The victim began to breathe on his own and was taken to Venice Regional Bayfront Health by EMS.

For more information; https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/man-suffers-electric-shock-while-cutting-tree-branches-saved-by-venice-police-officers/1369002704

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/victim-suffers-electric-shock-in-venice-life-saving-measures-performed/article_ccd8f5f4-9fdb-11e8-a23c-cb74a3393290.html

Do you have more info about this story? Help us out by letting us know!