Man shocked after portable lift contacts power wires

Cedar Rapids, IA – An unidentified 22-year-old man was shocked while trimming trees Saturday afternoon.

According to a report, the man was in the platform of a portable lift trimming trees when the lift made contact with a 7,200 volt power line and shocked him.

Emergency personnel were called just before 5 PM and found the occupant of the lift conscious. First responders directed him to stay put until Alliant Energy de-energized the line. Firefighters then transferred him off the lift into the bucket atop an aerial ladder from a Fire Department truck.

The man was transported to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Police did not say what condition he was in when transported.

For more information; https://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/public-safety/electric-shock-powerline-iowa-derecho-storm-cedar-rapids-20200830

Do you have more info about this story? Help us out by letting us know!