UPDATE 7/3/19: The victim was identified as 53-year-old Sergio Escalera, of Wichita.
Wichita, KS – A 53-year-old man was electrocuted while trimming trees in a back yard in Wichita.
According to witnesses, the man was working from a bucket lift when he came into contact with power lines. The victim collapsed into the bucket and was unresponsive.
Wichita Fire Department Chief Jim Wilson stated, “They just got too close to a secondary power line and they either hit it with their body, themselves or the bucket of their bucket truck and naturally, there were catastrophic consequences,”
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. The investigation is ongoing.
For more information; https://www.kfdi.com/2019/07/02/one-person-electrocuted-in-north-wichita/