Man electrocuted while trimming trees in Independence

Independence, Belize – Hugo Polanco died while trimming trees at a local restaurant in the village of Independence. According to police, they responded to reports of a man who had been electrocuted. Upon arrival they found Polanco lying motionless on the ground in front of a tree. Emergency personnel transported him to Independence Polyclinic where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Doctors at the hospital noticed burns on his left hand and left toe.

Witnesses at the scene explained that Polanco was using a chainsaw to remove limbs that blocked light from a nearby street lamp. One of the limbs accidentally crashed into a high tension wire causing a sudden discharge of electricity. The surge threw Polanco from the tree to the ground approximately six feet below. It is believed that he died immediately.

For more information; https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2017/12/21/man-electrocuted-cutting-tree-independence-village-identified/

http://7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=43108

http://www.reporter.bz/front-page/man-electrocuted-while-trimming-trees-in-independence/

Do you have more info about this story? Help us out by letting us know!