Makita U.S.A. launched the 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless Cordless 14-inch and 16-inch Top Handle Chainsaws (models XCU08 and XCU09).
Both chainsaws feature a Makita-built outer rotor brushless motor direct-drive system that provides power equivalent to a 30cc gas chain saw. Two 18V LXT lithium-ion batteries deliver 36 volts of power and performance.
According to Makita, the 18V LXT cut 25 percent fast and longer than a Stihl MS193T.
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides power equivalent to a 30cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Torque boost mode powers through thick or hard branches
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Includes 16″ sprocket nose guide bar and 3/8 pitch, .043″ gauge chain
- Captured bar nut and lateral chain tensioning for convenient operation and maintenance
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off after 60 seconds for extended battery life
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Pitch : 3/8″ LP”
- Gauge : .043″
- Chain Speed : 3,940 FPM
- Net Weight (without battery) : 7.5 lbs.
- Net Weight (with battery) : 10.3 lbs.