Deadline to Submit Nominations is 31 December 2017
The structure of ISA’s Board of Directors consists of the president, the president-elect, and thirteen
directors. Five directors are elected by the Council of Representatives (CoR) and eight are elected directly
by ISA members.
The purpose of this notice is to solicit nominations from ISA members to fill three
upcoming General Membership-elected Board position(s) that will end in August 2018. ISA
members can nominate ANY member of ISA in good standing. If you would like to nominate
yourself or someone else as a candidate for the ISA Board of Directors, please send the name to Sheilah Trail at ISA. The person you nominate must be a current member of ISA.
The Nominating and Elections Committee (NEC) reviews all nominees and develops a ballot of qualified
nominees. From the ballot of qualified nominees, General Membership will elect a two directors to fill the
positions that will be vacated when Dennis Swartzell, Jim Flott, and Gordon Mann’s term on the Board
expires in August 2018. (Dennis is not eligible to serve another term.) NEC uses the following criteria to
evaluate nominees’ qualifications:
- ISA member in good standing
- Past contributions and service to ISA and ISA components
- Past contributions and service to other professional organizations in arboriculture and related
- Past service in committee and leadership roles both within and outside of ISA
- Professional work experience in arboriculture and related fields including research activities
- Professional education and training in arboriculture and related fields
- Business experience and expertise
- Achievement of Board diversity, including field(s) of expertise and geography
- Any other relevant considerations
The closing date for Sheilah Trail to receive these nominations is 4:30 pm Central Daylight
Time (Chicago Time) on 31 December 2017.
Please consider nominating someone (including yourself); ISA is a great organization thanks to your
participation in the vital process of nominating and electing qualified candidates to the ISA Board. Thanks
very much for your help.
Brian Kane, Chair
ISA Nominating and Elections Committee