East Peoria, IL – 62-year-old Gordon Sweatt died after being electrocuted in a workplace accident.
Reports say that emergency personnel arrived at the scene to find a bucket truck on fire as a result of making contact with overhead power lines.
Sweatt was found on the ground next to a tree-trimming bucket truck. Unfortunately, crews unable to reach Sweatt because the power line touching the truck was still live.
Ameren Illinois workers cut the power to the line and Sweatt was pronounced dead at 12:15 PM.
For more information; https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news/local-news/east-peoria-man-dies-from-electrocution-accident/