Climber gets shocked and burned while cutting branches with a pole saw

Tustin, CA – A man in his 30s, who was not identified, was taken to the hospital after he was shocked by electrical wires. The man, who worked for a private company, was trimming branches away from the wires in the backyard of a Tustin residence.

Reports say the man was climbing the tree and using a pole saw to trim the branches. The end of the pole saw contacted a high voltage line causing the man to be shocked. The man was harnessed and “tethered” into the tree and did not fall as a result of the shock, but was briefly unconscious.

Coworkers helped him down and placed him on the grass in the backyard until emergency personnel arrived. He was transported to the Burn Center at Orange County Global Medical Center. The man suffered burns to his hand, arm and the inside of his legs.

For more information; https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/10/tree-trimmer-shocked-burned-when-his-saw-touches-high-voltage-wire-in-tustin/

Do you have more info about this story? Help us out by letting us know!